Reference ID: NP20220502
The Grande Prairie Primary Care Network, in beautiful Grande Prairie, Alberta – a city rich in cultural and economic opportunities, and a great place to raise a family – was formed in 2010 to work with local primary care physicians in the delivery of primary healthcare services. The PCN provides innovative and collaborative initiatives that improve communication, increase coordination of services, and enhance medical clinic practices to better meet the needs of the community.
The Nurse Practitioner works collaboratively to support the After-Hours Clinic. The Nurse Practitioner will assist with the implementation of strategies for improving the quality and provision of patient care and communicate effectively with team members.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs advanced, focused and/or comprehensive health assessments
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic screening or investigations
- Determine differential diagnoses through the integration of patient information and evidence-informed practice
- Communicate assessment findings and/or diagnoses, including outcomes and prognoses with patients/families
- Based on evidence-informed practice, develop and implement plans of care including performing invasive and non-invasive interventions, treatments and procedures
- Evaluate and revise plans of care based on patient’s response to therapies, and in collaboration with patient
- Prescribe and distribute pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and other therapies
- Document the provision of care for patients in accordance with practice standards and organizational policies
- Participate in clinical research of high academic caliber related to program goals and activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- Maintains professional requirements and ongoing active participation in professional development
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in clinical practice
- Participates in quality improvement activities
- Offers training support, contributing to team members’ and other healthcare providers’ knowledge, professional development, and clinical skills
- Act as a resource to other practice members
Required Skills & Abilities
- Ability to function cooperatively with physicians and clinic staff in a multidisciplinary setting
- Ability to build a good working relationship with patients, families and other healthcare professionals
- Understanding and adherence to confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team, respect other’s views and opinions
- Ability to act responsibly and accountably
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in approach to work, including the ability to work on own initiative and to prioritize workload
- Awareness of strengths and limitations, attention to Nurse Practitioners’ Competencies and Scope in Practice
- Ability to develop new skills and apply theory to practice
- Ability to make evidence-based decisions
- Ability to monitor clinical standards
- Current Registration & Practice Permit as a Nurse Practitioner with the College and Association of Registered Nurses in Alberta (CARNA)
- Eligible for registration as a prescriber with Tracked Prescription Program (TPP) Alberta
- Successful completion of an approved NP program at a Master of Nursing level or equivalent
- Experience working within a primary care setting preferred
To apply for this position, email your cover letter, resume and professional references to email@example.com.
The Grande Prairie PCN thanks you for your interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.